Terms and Conditions of Network Use
Adopted: April 2020
Review Due: Lent Term 2023
For students, the charge for using the college’s network facilities is as stated on the fees and charges schedule. This charge covers a number of costs associated with the connection, including the initial administration for connection and the hardware and software required to maintain the good working order of the network.
It is the responsibility of the student to report any issues with network connectivity to the I.T. Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in person to the IT Office. Problems that are not resolved should be reported to the IT Office.
The prime purpose of the network connection is the furtherance of academic studies. Although some modest recreational use is allowed, all network use must conform to the rules laid out below. The College reserves the right to immediately disconnect any network connection from the Murray Edwards College network pending investigation, if breaches of the rules are suspected or if the work of other users is being disrupted.
- Use of the network by the user is subject to University Information Services Policies.
- The user agrees and consents to statistical data being gathered on their network usage, including identification of remote sites and traffic volumes to or from those sites. This data may be used for (1) network administration; (2) advice to or cautioning of that user; (3) possible charging for excessive use.
- The good name of the College shall not be brought into disrepute.
- The network shall not be used for any purpose which would conflict with the College's Prevent duty
- In the event of a conflict between these rules and a user's academic access to the network, the user should consult the College IT Manager.