Adopted by Council: November 2017
Review Date: Michaelmas Term 2020
Committee Ownership: Domestic & Estates
The College aims to manage its activities and buildings to promote environmental sustainability, to conserve and enhance natural resources and to prevent environmental pollution.
The College will comply fully with environmental legislation and will make continued efforts:
- to promote sound environmental management policies and practices;
- to increase awareness of environmental responsibilities amongst staff and students;
- to work with other agencies locally, nationally, and internationally to promote appropriate environmental policies;
- to implement policies and procedures that contribute to a reduction in the College's carbon footprint having regard to the need for prudent use of financial resources;
- to minimise waste and pollution, and to operate effective waste management procedures;
- to reduce the consumption of fossil fuels;
- to reduce water consumption;
- to promote a purchasing policy which will have regard to those products and services which cause the least harm to the environment bearing in mind the financial impact;
- to avoid use, wherever possible, of environmentally damaging substances, materials, and processes;
- to maintain the grounds and buildings of the College in an environmentally sensitive way;
- to have regard to environmental factors as far as practicable in respect of the growth of the College and the integration of new developments into the local environment.