There is a need for a College which can focus specifically on young women’s learning and preparation for work and life. There is much gender inequality still in the world. Too many women still experience environments where their achievements are not recognised or their voice is not heard.
What does Murray Edwards provide?
- Great results. 92% of our women graduate with a 1st or 2.1 degree, higher than the University average.
- Learning within the overall co-educational environment of Cambridge, we provide special attention to how women learn, built into the College’s teaching system.
- For both undergraduate and graduate students, a stimulating, active, academic environment and the welcome of a ‘home from home’ especially appreciated by international students.
- Support in deciding on career options, and in applying for jobs through CV preparation, mock interviews and internships.
- A warm and friendly environment, which is inclusive (for example, two thirds of UK students come from state schools).
- Students who leave with the skills and confidence to achieve their dreams and prepared for challenge.
The College has produced outstanding, independent-minded women across different careers. These women are ready to support each other and especially the young women just starting out in their careers.
With its concern for women in the workplace today, and in supporting the development of the outstanding women of tomorrow, the College is a place where people have something to say about the status of women, including both men and women in that debate.
Applying to Murray Edwards College
Find out more on how we will continue to deliver great value for women in our Strategic Direction.
Alumnae of the College have made a significant impact on the world over the last 60 years, becoming leaders of families, communities, companies, universities and charities. Here are some of our most well-known. Read about our alumnae.