This year's She Talks Science Conference will take place as a series of webinars.
A series of webinar talks from Murray Edwards College postgraduate students, covering a range of topics from cancer research to metallurgy.
The programme includes:
- A series of online webinars from inspiring women about their careers in science
- A summary of their current research
- Time for a Q&A at the end of each session for you to ask your questions!
- Wednesday 18 May, 17:00-18:00: Cancer Biology with Annie Howitt, "Can cells get hangry too? How cancer changes cell metabolism and behaviour"
1 June, 27th July 17:00-18:00: Geophysics with Xiaoqing Chen, "From solid earth to ocean: an imaging tale of geophysics" (PLEASE NOTE THIS EVENT HAS CHANGED DATES TO 27TH JULY)
- Wednesday 15 June, 17:00-18:00: MRC Epidemiology with Christina Xiao, "What is public health and why is it more important now than ever?"
- Wednesday 29 June, 17:00-18:00: Genetics with Cherlyn Tan, "Next Generation Sequencing"
- Wednesday 13 July, 17:00-18:00: Material Science and Metallurgy with Abigail Collins, "Turning the solar spectrum:green-to-blue light upconversion"
Who is the event for?
The event is for students who identify as female with particular interest in taking a STEM subject at university
How do I sign up?
Please sign up using this form - you can attend as many talks as you like!
When is the next event?
Please contact our School Liaison Officer (email@example.com) for details