Emeritus Fellow in Chemistry
Murray Edwards College provides a friendly intellectual environment where one meets people from many disciplines.
Degrees and honours
- Associate, Newnham College, University of Cambridge (1995-2005),
- DSc (hon) Queen's University Belfast (2009),
- and Emeritus Professor of Queen's University Belfast.
Awards and prizes
- Paul Walden Prize (German Ionic Liquids Community) 2012
- Lennard-Jones Lecture 2017
- Using computer simulation to understand liquids (especially Ionic Liquids) and surfaces.
- 1995-present: Emerita Fellow, Murray Edwards College.
- 2003-5: Leverhulme Emeritus Fellow.
- 1995-2003: Professor of Condensed Matter Simulation, The Queen's University, Belfast. Co-founder of the successful interdisciplinary Atomistic Simulation Group at Queen's University.
- 1993-5: Newton Trust Lecturer, University of Cambridge.
- 1972-95: Fellow and College Lecturer in Chemistry, New Hall, University of Cambridge.
- 1975-95: College Lecturer at St.John's College.
- 1973-75: Jaffe Research Fellowship (Royal Society) (Half time).
- 1965-72: University Lecturer in Chemistry, University of Sussex (Half time).
- 1962-65 : Fellow and College Lecturer in Chemistry, New Hall, University of Cambridge.
- 1961-62: AAUW Fellowship (with Dr.H.M.McConnell at California Institute of Technology).
Professor Ruth Lynden-Bell has published over 200 articles in scientific journals. Her published books include:
- R.M.Lynden-Bell and R.K.Harris. 'Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy'. Nelson, London, 1969.
- 'Water and Life: The Unique properties of water' ed. R.M.Lynden-Bell, S. Conway-Morris, J.D.Barrow, J.L.Finney and C.L.Harper, 2010, CRC Press Boca Raton, FL, USA.