Bye Fellow in Law
Degrees and honours
- QC (hon),
- LLD (Cantab),
- and docteur en droit (Poitiers).
- criminal law,
- criminal procedure and criminal evidence,
- vulnerable witnesses – children’s evidence,
- comparative law,
- and criminal justice in Europe.
- (Oct-Dec): Director of Research, University of Cambridge.
- 1995-2013: Professor, Law Faculty, University of Cambridge.
- 1991-95: Reader in Common Law, University of Cambridge.
- 1973-91: Assistant Lecturer, then Lecturer, Law Faculty, University of Cambridge.
- 1970-present: Fellow of Selwyn College, Cambridge.
- 1969-70:Assistant Professor, Faculty of Commerce, University of British Columbia.
Academic activities in Cambridge
- 2014-15: Deputy Vice-Chancellor.
- 2001-05: member of the University of Cambridge Board of Scrutiny; Chairman 2002-3 and 2004-5.
- 2004-05: Director of the Law Faculty’s LLM Programme.
- 2000-02: Acting Director of the Faculty's Centre for European Legal Studies (CELS); Co-Director, 2009 – 2013.
- 1995-97: Chairman, Faculty of Law, University of Cambridge
- 1978-1980: Faculty Secretary.
- 1974-1995: Director of Studies in Law at Selwyn College, University of Cambridge.
Professor Spencer's full list of publications can be found on the Faculty of Law's website.