Bye Fellow in Medicine
The college draws you in with its wonderful display of plants at the entrance. What you find beyond is similar - a friendly, warm and collaborative atmosphere!
Degrees & Honours
- MA (Oxon)
- MBBS (London)
- DM (Oxon)
- FRCP (UK)
Awards & Prizes
- Nuffield Open Scholarship;
- The Health Foundation Mid-Career award;
- NICE Fellow (National Institute for Health and Care Excellence)
Brain and vascular imaging in stroke medicine. Our aim is to utilise imaging techniques to illuminate the biological mechanisms of stroke to help reveal new therapeutic targets.
I am a Consultant Physician at Addenbrookes Cambridge where I am part of the team looking after people who have had a stroke. I supervise trainees for PhD’s in the stroke medicine research group within the Clinical Neurosciences department and teach clinical students. I will be teaching undergraduates on the ‘MODA’ course.
See Warburton EA for full list:
- Dual tracer Positron Emission Tomography for identification of culprit carotid plaques and pathophysiology in vivo
- Evans NR, Tarkin JM, Chowdhury MM, Le EPV, Coughlin PA, Rudd JHF, Warburton EA. Circ Cardiovascular Imaging 2020: 13(3)
Recent review article:
- PET imaging of the neurovascular interface in cerebrovascular disease. Evans NR, Tarkin JM, Buscombe JR, Markus HS, Rudd JHF, Warburton EA. Nat Rev Neurol. 2017 Nov;13(11):676-688. doi: 10.1038/nrneurol.2017.129. Epub 2017 Oct 6. Review. Erratum in: Nat Rev Neurol. 2018 Apr 03;.PMID: 28984315