Bye Fellow in Medicine
- MA (Cantab) MB BChir FHEA FRSPH FRCS (Plast)
- PgCert Healthcare Leadership
- PgCert Medical Education
Dr Wong is a Consultant Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon at Addenbrooke’s Hospital. His areas of expertise are breast and chest wall reconstruction, microsurgery, lymphoedema surgery and skin cancer.
He graduated from Cambridge University in 2008 and trained as a plastic surgeon in Cambridge, Oxford, London, Portsmouth and Salisbury. He has travelled around the world to work with international experts and has completed fellowships in microsurgery, breast and chest wall reconstruction. Alongside his training, he remained actively involved with Cambridge University as a member of the Alumni Advisory Board from 2012-18 to help provide a strategic framework in engaging with its network of over 290 000 alumni. As Chair of the Networks and Volunteers Working Group, he specifically advised the University on its global community of over 450 alumni groups.
He is actively involved in research and has written over 70 papers, journal articles and book chapters. His work is regularly presented at national and international conferences.
He enjoys teaching and from 2008-2013 supervised students in physiology and clinical medicine. Since 2018 he has continued as an anatomy supervisor. He also advises students on careers and research opportunities.
- Wong KY, Benyon SL. Wounds, healing, and tissue repair. In: O’Connell PR, McCaskie A, Sayers R, editors. Bailey & Love’s Short Practice of Surgery. 28th ed. United States: CRC Press (in press)
- Malata CM, Wong KY. Gynecomastia. In: Nahabedian MY, Neligan PC, editors. Plastic Surgery: Breast (Volume 5). 4th ed. London: Elsevier; 2018:174-95.
- Malata CM, Wong KY. A comparison of conventional with ultrasound-assisted liposuction in gynaecomastia surgery. In: Shiffman MA, Di Giuseppe A, editors. Liposuction: Principles and Practice. 2nd ed. Berlin: Springer; 2016:511-23.
Full publication list can be found at https://orcid.org/0000-0002-6060-1487
- Wong KY, Furniss D. Current advances in lymphoedema management. Br J Hosp Med 2020;81:1-10.
- Wong KY, Fife K, Lear JT, Price RD, Durrani AJ. Vismodegib for locally advanced periocular and orbital basal cell carcinoma: A review of 15 consecutive cases. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 2017;5:e1424.
- Dinnes J, Deeks JJ, Chuchu N, Matin RN, Wong KY, Aldridge RB, et al. Visual inspection and dermoscopy, alone or in combination, for diagnosing keratinocyte skin cancers in adults. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2018;12:CD011901. doi:10.1002/14651858.CD011901.pub2
- Dinnes J, Wong KY, Gulati A, Chuchu N, Leonardi-Bee J, Bayliss SE, et al. Tests to assist in the diagnosis of keratinocyte skin cancers in adults: a generic protocol (Protocol). Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2015;10:CD011901. doi:10.1002/14651858.CD011901
- Wong KY, Malata CM. Conventional versus ultrasound-assisted liposuction in gynaecomastia surgery: A 13-year review. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 2014;67:921-6.
- Wong KY, Yu JTS, Mahler-Araujo B, Forouhi P, Malata CM. Opportunistic internal mammary lymph node biopsy during microvascular free flap breast reconstruction: A useful technique? Int J Surg 2013;111:1027-8.