Senior Tutor; Fellow in Psychology
Murray Edwards is a young, vibrant and exciting place to work. It is consistently innovative in its approach to students, and having the opportunity to contribute to that is a privilege.
Degrees and honours
- MA (Cantab)
- MSc (LSE)
- and PhD (Cantab).
Awards and prizes
- BPS Social Psychology Section's Award for the most outstanding PhD 2002.
As a social psychologist:
- social perspectives on mental health,
- sociocultural psychology, especially social representations theory,
- and qualitative analysis.
As Senior Tutor:
- Women's participation and achievement within higher education.
- Student well-being and mental health; resilience.
- Implicit bias and stereotype threat.
Dr Juliet Foster joined Murray Edwards College as Senior Tutor in September 2013, having previously been a Fellow at Corpus Christi, where she was a Tutor, Director of Studies, and also in charge of schools liaison. As Senior Tutor, she has overall responsibility for academic and welfare issues within the College.
Juliet is also a University Senior Lecturer in Social Psychology in the Department of Psychology, a role that she fulfils on a part-time basis. Academically, she is interested in the genesis and development of shared knowledge, and for many years has worked on understandings of health and illness, especially mental health.
View a selection of her publications on the Department of Psychology's website.