As a College, we have very few rules and regulations. We aim to live and work together as members of a community, and respecting each other and the College environment is crucial. Please try to remember the following:
- Check your email and College pigeonhole regularly. Your Director of Studies, Tutor, the Tutorial Office and other members of the College and University will communicate important information to you via these channels, and responding to them in a timely way is important.
- Please respect your neighbours’ right to work and to sleep.
- Please remember that while the College is locked between 9.00pm-6.00am, you should escort any guests into and out of the College buildings. You should never give your University card to anyone else to use.
- The College has a non-smoking policy. Any smoking must be done in designated areas outdoors only.
- Parties (defined as a gathering with more than five guests from outside the College) are not permitted in student rooms, nor in any of the College houses. However, various rooms (including the Bar) are available for meetings, dinners and parties, and can be booked through the Events Office. Parties require permission from the Events Office, Dean and Head Porter: students will be sent a permission form for completion and a sheet setting out what is permitted in each of the possible venues. The College Dean will help advise on larger functions.
- There are strict University regulations on students having cars in Cambridge.
- There are separate rules regarding behaviour at Formal Halls.