Why choose Murray Edwards?
These pages aim to give you an insight into the wide-ranging opportunities we can offer you at Murray Edwards. Find out more about the generous Admissions funding available for graduates. There is information about our excellent accommodation facilities, advice on the application process and a glimpse of what it is like to be a graduate at Murray Edwards.
Find out more about what our students have to say about Murray Edwards.
An inspirational environment for women at Cambridge
- Founded in 1954, Murray Edwards exists to offer talented women every educational opportunity.
- A diverse community: approximately 50% of our graduate community is from overseas, currently representing 28 different nations.
- One of the most extensive collections in the world of contemporary art by women.
Supportive and progressive
- A supportive tutorial system.
- Graduate seminars provide an opportunity to present your work informally to other graduate students.
- A diverse and exciting academic community.
Generous scholarships and bursaries
- Murray Edwards BP Centenary Awards
- The Stephan Körner Graduate Scholarship
- Overseas Bursaries
- Member of the University's Domestic Research Studentship Scheme
Outstanding en-suite accommodation
- Purpose-built Canning & Eliza Fok House, opened to graduate students in October 2008.
- Graduate houses situated very close to the main college site.
Range of social, sporting and cultural activities
- The 'MCR': a large, new Graduate Common Room equipped with sofas, a kitchen, television, wireless network, DVDs, games, and books.
- Exhibitions and cultural events, including film festivals and lecture series.
- The only college to offer a free Formal Hall every week to graduates.
For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated 7.11 WK