The archives are available for consultation by external users with a legitimate research interest. Visits are by appointment only, please contact the Librarian to arrange. Normal opening hours are 9.00a.m. to 5.00p.m., Monday to Friday. Readers must supply proof of identification.
Our regulations are designed to preserve the documents in our care, avoid theft and maintain the peaceful atmosphere of the Library where archives are read:
- pencils only to be used
- no erasers, pencil sharpeners, tippex or highlighters to be brought in
- no food, drink or smoking in the library
- mobile phones to be switched off
- large bags to be deposited with the Porters or the Librarian
- photographs not to be removed from the transparent Melinex sleeves
- photocopying is at the discretion of the Librarian and will be charged to the reader
Restricted access is usually at the request of the person depositing the item. Documents will normally be supplied in small batches and should be kept in the order in which they are presented. Please handle them as little as possible and do not place anything on top of them.
Laptops may be brought in, but we cannot guarantee that power points will be available. Please note that laptop cases should be left outside the reading area.